Bolt is a venture capital firm forging a new model of seed-stage investing focused on startups at the intersection of hardware and software. Each investment we make is propelled by expert day-to-day support that helps bring hardware products to market faster and with less capital. Bolt’s full-stack product engineering team and multi-million dollar prototyping shops provide the framework for our value-added investment platform that enables hardware entrepreneurs to succeed.
Bolt is seeking to increase the number of founders we invest in and support. We are excited for an associate to join our investment team to help us find and support the next generation of hardware startups. Candidates must thrive in the fast-moving venture community and, like the rest of our team, be highly autonomous. We’re looking for someone who is humble and has a high degree of empathy for the founders we back and the risks they take.
This is a full time role at our facility in downtown San Francisco and would include occasional travel to Boston and New York.
- Lead the firm's effort to identify and evaluate new companies for investment.
- Participate in all aspects of investment due diligence including technical feasibility, market sizing, and industry research.
- Design and execute projects and programs that help Bolt attract new portfolio companies or support existing ones.
- Attend board meetings and support existing portfolio companies with introductions to potential hires, investors, and customers.
- Design, attend, and support a broad range of events that Bolt hosts.
- Attend relevant startup hardware events, including occasional speaking opportunities.
- Build long-term relationships with founders and other venture investors relevant to Bolt’s ecosystem of startups.
- At a minimum, three to five years of work experience. This could include operating experience at a venture-backed startup or previous venture investing experience. We are open to candidates both with and without an MBA.
- Excitement to become a key member of the investment team. We intend for this role to be a long term growth opportunity and are committed to investing in the development of your career.
- Strong interpersonal skills. You will be talking to entrepreneurs and other investors on behalf of Bolt.
- Extremely proactive and self-directed. You will have a lot of autonomy in this role.
- Command of the language of the hardware startup and venture capital communities.
- Strong analytical skills. Physics, engineering or computer science degree(s) are preferred but not required.
HOW TO APPLY
- Warm introductions preferred. Alternatively, send a brief introduction, resume, and links to any relevant online content to info @ bolt.io.